Atlantic City, NJ Airshow at the Jersey Shore!
The 2018 “Annual” Atlantic City Airshow is one of those summer events, you don’t want to miss.
What: Atlantic City Airshow – Thunder Over The Boardwalk
When: Wednesday August, 22, 2018
Where: All beaches and boardwalk, center being Florida Ave.
Time: Begins at 11:30am – Last Pass bweeen 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM
In this post, you will find tips on where to park, where to watch as well as AC Airshow Hotel Discounts, have fun and enjoy the 2nd largest Air Show in the United States of America.
Parking Tips For This Event – You probably already know that Atlantic City is a drive in city, this is good news for you as there are enough parking spaces to support over 250,000 automobiles and buses. Please remember there 3 ways to enter, the AC Expressway, Route 40 Black Horse Pike and Route 30 White Horse Pike. Also don’t forget there is a train that will bring right into the center of the action to the terminal at the Convention Center.
- If you arrive early enough, say before 9am, you can target the NJTA surface lots just off the expressway across from the Tanger Outlets and near Boardwalk Hall just off Atlantic Ave.
- If you think you’re early enough, you can go after the prime parking at Caesars, Trump Plaza, Underground at Boardwalk Hall.
- Note – you can park at the old Surf Stadium and Bader Field on Albany Ave, Black Horse Pike and ride the Jitney into the boardwalk, this is a great option.
- Otherwise target public garages and casino parking away from the center of town. This includes Revel Casino, Taj Mahal, Showboat, Resorts, New York Ave Garage, Bally’s, Atlantic Club and Tropicana.
- If you want to avoid the pressure of parking all together, choose to park at Borgata, Harrah’s or Golden Nugget and take the jitney bus to the boardwalk.
Atlantic City Airshow Viewing Ideas and Tips
If you’re like me, you may ask “Where is the Best Place to Watch the Airshow”? It’s not a simple answer however. The Atlantic City Airshow covers the entire beach from the Atlantic Club Casino to Revel Resorts Casino with the center being Florida ave near Boardwalk Hall.
- Grabbing a space at the beach and spreading out is really comfortable, this is our number one spot, enjoy the beach and the thrills!
- All casino and hotel pool decks and outdoor spaces. If you’re staying overnight, odds are your hotel has a dedicated viewing section.
- You can pay for VIP Seating at Bellevue Ave in the center of the action for $30 – $50 per person includes a meal ticket or all you can eat & drink presented by Flight Line Club Call 609-813-2121 for details.
- One cool spot if you can grab a space, is the 1st and 2nd floor rear deck of the Pier At Caesars. Access to all types of food and beverages.
- Beach Bars – rest assured two prime spots are the Bally’s Sammy Hagar’s Beach Bar and Resorts Land Shark Grill, both are highly recommended.
- One popular place for visitors and spectators is the top floor of any casino parking garage, the thunder from the planes fill like it’s just over your head.
Atlantic City Airshow Hotel & Casino Deals
The www.achotelexperts.com are offering a 5% Discount for All Atlantic City Airshow guests. Simply research rates and hotel availability and call us Toll Free to SAVE 5% Instantly at 1-888-392-8288. Rooms at non casino hotels start at $79 per night and Casino rates begin around $129 per night. Book early to get the best rates, ask about the vacation packages that may be available during this time.
Schedule of Flights
Wednesday August 22nd – Flight Guide (TBA)
- The Thunderbirds and US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team will return this year, update schedule TBA, this is last years. The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds are back and will be making their renowned rumble over the Boardwalk. Other headliners include the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team, a demonstration by a U.S. Navy Harrier Jet, Rob Holland MX-2 Aerobatics and the famous Geico Skytypers.
- 11:30 Tow banner planes
- 12:00 US Army Golden Knights Flag Jump with National Anthem
- 12:08 US Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 12:18 Andrew McKenna P-51 Demonstration
- 12:28 US Coast Guard Search & Rescue Demonstration
- 12:40 Jim Beasley Jr. Spitfire Demonstration
- 12:50 Jason Flood Pitts S1S Demonstration
- 1:02 Jack Kelly, 1951 Bell 47 Helicopter Model D1
- 1:05 Atlanticare Medical Helo Flyby
- 1:07 MidAtlantic MedEvac Helo Flyby
- 1:09 6ABC News Chopper Flyby
- 1:11 USMC AV-8B Harrier II Demonstration
- 1:22 Geico Skytypers (6-ship) & Geico Speedboat Race
- 1:43 Warrior Aviation L-39 Demo
- 1:53 Raiders Demonstration Team
- 2:10 FAA Flybys
- 2:15 Andrew McKenna P-51 & Jim Beasley Jr. Spitfire 2-Ship Routine
- 2:25 Rob Holland MX-2 Aerobatics (World Unlimited Aerobatic Champion)
- 2:40 US Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 3:05 USAF Thunderbirds
- 4:00 Airshow Ends
- Schedule subject to change contingent upon weather, aircraft availability and maintenance.