Atlantic City, NJ – Contrary to what people may believe, there are plenty of family friendly activities that can make your next trip to Atlantic City one to remember for the entire family. In this article, we will cover the top family oriented attractions, hotels and casinos that cater to adults and children of all ages and highlight some really fun things to do in AC. You’ll be pleasantly surprised of the what you can do, we guarantee it.
Hotels and Casinos Fit for a Family
Let’s start by mentioning the casinos and hotels that are good fits for the entire family. Harrah’s Casino Resort is located in the Marina District across from the Borgata and Golden Nugget www.achotelexperts.com/casinos/golden-nugget-atlantic-city.html Casinos. Although it’s not on the beach, you will find an amazing Resort Style Pool that offers a limited schedule for children to swim, but, to make up for the small window, they created the Family Fun Center specifically for families. It is located in the Harbour Tower and features at least one full days worth of indoor activities.
Harrah’s Casino Family Fun Center
You’ll find a large indoor pool and outdoor sun-deck, a family friendly hot tub, 18 holes of miniature golf, water balloon game called “Water Wars”, over 25 incredible arcade games with a ticket / prize redemption center, indoor shuffleboard, island music all day and a full service beverage bar. You can travel to nearby Brigantine Beach or to the Boardwalk area very easily by car or jitney and there are 10 food outlets of all levels throughout the hotel. Pretty much every casino has an indoor or seasonal pool, so they will be comfortable in that regard.
To research and book your hotel reservations, please call 1-888-392-8288 and allow us to assist in your trip planning, we guarantee a great experience in Atlantic City.
Some other hotel options include the La Renaissance Suites and Blue Green Resorts at Atlantic Palace both located on the Boardwalk and the suite style guest room is a big plus for families. The Blue Green has a cool indoor / outdoor rooftop pool and tanning deck along with a game room and is right on the boardwalk for easy access to all the neighboring attractions we will list below. The La Renaissance Suites has an indoor pool on the top-level with an exercise area and observation deck which is also cool. Whether you stay in Atlantic City or nearby, you will be able to enjoy your vacation at the Jersey Shore.
Top Atlantic City Family Attractions – Things to do in AC
There are so many things to do, below are our favorites.
- Steel Pier Amusements – completely renovated pier with more than 22 rides, large arcade, beverage bar and plenty of food options, a great day is ahead.
- Atlantic City Cruises Dolphin Watching Tour – Captain Jeff is amazing, you’ll tour AC from the bay and beaches and some very cool Dolphins along the way.
- Haunted Absecon Lighthouse Tour – This historic lighthouse has some unique history and fantastic views from the top of this 171 foot high structure.
- Atlantic City Helicopter Tour – Departs every 10 – 15 minutes between 12 noon and 12 midnight from the rear of the Steel Pier. Aerial Tour Pictures and Coupon
- AC Aquarium and Ocean Life Center – all kinds of fish, live feeding and touch tank are cool options. This is located in Historic Gardners Basin.
- Atlantic City Glow Golf and Laser Maze – located on the 2nd floor towards the rear of the Pier at Caesars near Dancing Waters display.
- Imax Theatre – located at the Tropicana Casino in the Quarter, a great evening or bad weather activity, check the schedule for shows and time.
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not – located on the Boardwalk, probably about an hours worth of fun, fit this in with other activities or a day at the beach.
- Tropicana Family Fun Station – large arcade, perfect for kids and teens, play air hockey, video games, arcade games and win prizes.
- Historic Gardner’s Basin – on the day you visit the Aquarium, you can spend hours visiting craft stores, restaurants, Inlet Surf Shop, boating and fishing charters.
- Flounder Fishing – also in Gardners Basin, Captain Mike on the “High Roller” will give you a trip to remember in a flat water (no waves) flounder fishing experience in the Back Bays of Atlantic City. Lots of fish, this is for adults and children of all ages.
Honorable Mention Family Vacation Ideas
- Day at the Beach – this is a must, the beaches in Atlantic City are free and are annually ranked at the top of the list for beach goers. In front of your hotel or the new Revel Beach or anywhere within the two miles of beaches that has a life guard on duty.
- Haunted Tales – a story telling and coffin ride experience with haunted gift shop on the boardwalk near Ripley’s’.
- Atlantic City Miniature Golf – located on the boardwalk near Boardwalk Hall, this is great activity for the day or night, well maintained course on the ocean.
- Surfing Camp – there are two locations, Raleigh Avenue and States Avenue, this is available to kids or adults, why not learn to surf? Learn from camp owners Tom Forkin.
- Dancing Waters – a free light, sound and water show at the back of the Pier at Caesars, very cool.
- Para-sailing – another Gardners Basin Activity fun for teenagers and adults, you should see the views from high above the bay, really a great trip.
- Largest Pipe Organ in the World Tour – I’m not kidding, this is an amazing tour, the organ is located in Boardwalk Hall, to see how huge this is and the history behind it, you’ll be able to stump anyone on many trivia questions, don’t miss this one
- James or Fralingers Salt Water Taffy – no trip to the Jersey Shore is complete without stopping in for Salt Water Taffy and candy, located in many locations on the boardwalk.
- Rain Forest Cafe – kids always enjoy this fun dining experience complete with talking birds and real sounds from the Rain Forest, on Boardwalk next to Trump Plaza.
- Monopoly Monument – get over to the Monopoly Monument in front of Bally’s for a picture, the games was originally created in Atlantic City.
- Garden Pier History Museum – located next to the new Revel Casino, take a step back into Atlantic City History at this family friendly museum.
- Boardwalk Empire Photo Opportunity – a picture board is located down past Boardwalk Hall, get in front and take a picture.
- Korean War Veterans Memorial – located in on the Boardwalk in the Brighton Park Pavilion, a cool lesson about the Korean War.
- Tanger Outlets ” The Walk “ – your teenagers will love a day of outdoor shopping at Outlet Stores of all levels, one of the largest Outlet Shopping area’s on the east coast.
- Lucy The Elephant – located in Margate, NJ just 5 miles down the beach, this has cool history and is fun for younger kids.
- Story Book Land – this would be ranked higher, it’s only 6 miles from Atlantic City and is an award-winning fantasy-land with rides and amusements that your children will never forget, I still remember, LOL.
- Jet Ski’s – they may be found at Revel Beach, if so, they deserve to moved up, for now the closest location is Ocean City, NJ 10 miles south.
- Ocean City, NJ Boardwalk – located 10 miles south, a trip to the Ocean City Boardwalk is another great family vacation idea, check out Manco and Manco’s Pizza, Bob’s Lemonade, Johnson’s Popcorn and the rides at Wonderland Pier and Play-land, you may even go here twice if you choose.
I’m pretty sure this article satisfies any questions on the topic of, is Atlantic City Family friendly? You can a week’s vacation in AC for your entire family and still see everything. There are additional things to do like Boardwalk Bicycle Rentals, Ride in the Rolling Chairs, Other Arcades, Segway Rentals and the list goes on.
Call 1-888-392-8288 and lets us offer you a discount or a vacation package that includes free show tickets, buffet coupons and other discounts.